Thursday, June 5, 2014

Essential Oil Pops

pineapple + orange essential oil = one yummy pop!

When I got the opportunity to join in on the Essentially Summer Recipe series, I must tell you....I was completely new to the idea of cooking with essential oils!  A quick spin around the blog and you can quickly see that I'm certainly not new to essential oils, in many ways I credit Young Living for giving us so many healthy & joy filled days....but, cooking with "oils"??

Now that we are on the last day of the series, aren't you all so incredibly inspired?  Each day it has made me soooo hungry and I'm eager to try so many of the recipes shared!  Did you see the Homemade Icecream that Marcie shared? 

We've been hearing the sounds of the icecream truck in the neighborhood frequently with the arrival of summer, so that meant I had to get busy creating a {healthier} treat to have on hand.


Let me just tell you, these are sooo incredibly simple to make!

1 (32 oz) container of vanilla yogurt
1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple
6 drops of Young Living Orange Essential Oil

If you have fresh pineapple on hand, that would be great too! I simply opted for a can of crushed because I had it on hand and was trying to make it as quick & easy as possible!

I mixed all the ingredients in a glass bowl and filled all the popsicle molds.  This recipe made enough for 12 traditional "popsicles" and 6 of the silicone pop molds (see below).  The traditional molds set up super fast, about 4 1/2 hours and they were ready!  The silicone molds take 5-6 hours.  This gave us a light tropical flavored popsicle that we all just loved!

Do you have someone who is dairy intolerant in your household?  It seems this is so common.


The silicone molds are really great for so many reasons....I personally prefer them with my children because they are much less of a mess than traditional popsicles!  They work more like the old school "push pops" and I thought that making a dairy free "icee type pop" would be perfect for these.  We filled some with the yogurt mixture from above, but for some we simply mixed the can of crushed pineapple with the six drops of Young Living Orange Essential Oil. They turned out great!  What a great alternative for those who can't have dairy!

I'm so glad that I've ventured into some new uses for my Young Living Essential Oils!  I hope you will spend a few minutes more here reading about the many reasons why I love "oils" and consider taking the plunge into the world of essential oils if you have not already!  You will see many of my most popular "oily post" in the right margin and may click here to read about how to order a Premium Kit and join my team.  

 Be sure to head over to read the Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies recipe that is next in the series!

I'm thankful you stopped by the Essentially Summer Series!  Know that I have monthly oily specials listed HERE


4 comments:

  1. Those pineapple orange pops look so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regularly use Young Living essential oils to enhance my recipes. I do recommend being careful about the brand of essential oil that you use though because some of them cannot be safely consumed. This article gives some helpful information on that point: http://www.theessentialfamily.com/essential-oil-information/why-i-passed-on-doterra-essential-oils/

    I haven't tried using them to make frozen pops though! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe sounds really good. Were did you find the silicone push pops?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased mine from Amazon. A simple search for "silicone popsicle molds" yielded several options. Enjoy!

      Delete