Monday, November 4, 2013

A Health Journal

 


Let me just tell you, my grandmother would be sooo incredibly proud of me!  As one suffering from lupus she journaled EVERYTHING health related.  Really, the thought should have crossed my mind sooner!

You see, I was worried about the potential learning curve with Young Living Essential Oils at first.  Not skeptic like some people are; I grew up in a very holistically minded household so I know that homeopathy can and does work.  I was just worried, for lack of a better word, that I would struggle to understand what to use & when.  I felt like I would be totally overwhelmed.  So I had this idea...

I decided the day the premium kit landed on my doorstep that I would start journaling the health of our family.  Sure, what oils I am using daily is an important part, but I am also keeping record of dietary concerns that I have (food plays such a major role in health), symptoms that we each possess from time to time, and even changes that I am making in our home such as detergents & cleaners that can effect our wellness (such as eczema & allergies). 

As a parent and caretaker it is so easy to get caught up in the actual care for our loved ones that eventually the days run together!  We "think" we recall how frequently our headaches are and we "think" we recall when the preschooler first complained of having a sore throat and the toddler starting coughing....

Keeping a journal of all things health based will help you to see patterns that effect your family's wellness.  Maybe when you look back you realize that in fact you have a recurring trigger for those headaches, or maybe you see that when you started diffusing a particular essential your children were no longer bringing home all the bugs that their classmates were.


There is a lot of potential with this, and ultimately you can tailor it to suit your family's needs.  You will see that as I journal I typically list an action made to improve our health and then days or even weeks later if I can visibly tell that the action in fact benefited that family member, then I add that little checkmark - this way when I refer back I know it proved a success and should be used in the future.

So all that worry about the learning curve with essential oils?  Complete waste of time.  The combination of this great Quick Reference Guide and my own health journal ((in addition to some free educational tools available to my team)), it has really just been a breeze.  Feeling GOOD is easier than I ever knew possible!

 
I share my "oily stories" because it is so exciting to see our family benefit from the what I call the "original medicines".  I'm NOT a doctor.  If you wish to read about how I got started with Young Living Essential Oils, start HERE.  You can read more about my journey with oils HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment