Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Soup Is On...

Saturday our family attended the Fiddler's Convention in North Alabama.  It was long awaited. I LOVE fall festivals of all kinds, so I have been counting down the days to festival-filled OCTOBER! What I was not excited about was the heat.  It was bad y'all, rrreal bad.  I was beginning to get concerned about another fall essential - SOUP!  I'm sure some of you are thinking soup should be reserved for winter, but here in the South our "winter" is not always so winterish, and my family ((all shockingly)) loves soup, so to us, fall is the kickoff of soup season!

We did *luckily* have some fall air swoop in Monday.  I honestly felt like I had been rescued.  Soup is on, all is well.

I have a FAVORITE soup.  Did I create the recipe?  Ummm, no.  Did I make it so much the past two years that I have it memorized?  Yes!  It is seriously that good.  I kinda consider it my job to tell you what is amazing, and this soup....well, it is just a.m.a.z.i.n.g. You know about Annie's Eats, right?  There is a whole lotta goodness there friends.  Her soup, White Bean Chicken Chili, ((trust me folks...it's soupish, not a classical chili)) is different than any other White Chicken Chili I've had - nothing compares.  It is a bowl of green chile goodness!  You might have to make a trip to the store, but it's totally worth it!

I'm always eager to chat about soup.  I thought you might be too. Wink, wink.

I started a little chat with a few other blogger/Instagram friends so you could see what soups they recommend as well.  I hope you enjoy!

My friend Myra over at My Blessed Life shares several things in common with me (we're both an oilyfamily) and it has been great getting to know her more!  Myra has a recipe she shared on her blog for Tomato Basil Soup.  She recommends pairing it with a grilled cheese.  Pretty sure that can only be GOOD!


 Myra, My Blessed Life
             Lisa, The Pennington Point


Lisa from The Pennington Point and I originally met through Instagram.  I admire so much about Lisa!  We share an appreciation for chippy paint, homeschool,  and holistic remedies.  She's a great encourager and I was eager to hear her recommendation.  It's a great one!  Taco Soup looks like it is a rather flexible recipe!

Becky, The Barefoot Seamstress, well, I claim her as mine.    We also met through Instagram and if I could fly her here in a second to go junkin' with me I would.  She's entirely too far away from me and I don't like it one bit!  I adore her children and am in love with her creative abilities.  She appreciates a friend with junkin' and fabric hoarding skills so we clearly were meant to be bff's!  Becky is real and I love that she just sent me a link to what she honestly loves!  Slide on over to see the recipe for Zuppa Toscana, it's crock pot friendly! ((If you like burlap you're going to want to run to her blog - you will be right at home.))

 Becky, The Barefoot Seamstress
 Kelli, Along the Dirt Road (with her Love...)
 
 
A recent addition to my Instagram friends is Kelli at Along the Dirt Road.  Kelli's photos bring memories of our farmhouse to the forefront.  She likes simple and I have a strong appreciation for that.  Kelli was excited to share her recipe for Thrifty Soup.  Intrigued aren't you?  We all need some "thrifty" in our lives these days!  ((It has cabbage....I rrreally have a thing for cooked cabbage lately!))

No soup pics?  Nope....you need to visit these links to see! 

Put the soup on friends...it's FALL!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment