Monday, September 30, 2013

Camper/RV Air Quality


Worst title for a post ever? Yep. Honestly, there is no way to write a post that will draw those who REALLY NEED to read this otherwise.

It's not something I ever really thought I would be writing about, but when you blog you spend your days thinking about what you "need" to be sharing.  The fact is, there are folks who need this information.

We love our family time spent in our camper, traveling from State Park to State Park.  I'm not here to sell you on owning a camper....either you like camping or you don't, but if camping is your thing then you really need to know about improving the air quality in your camper - for the sake of your health!

Regardless of whether you are the camping "type" or not, all I have to do is say "camper air quality" and chances are you are all immediately thinking YUCK!

We bought our camper used so there was the obvious immediate need to "air it out". Since purchasing we have truthfully used it heavily.  It seems rare that it needs airing out anymore.  The fact is a little research on air quality in an rv and you might feel as though it needs airing out all the time!  A simple search online had me choking!  I read multiple articles and if you need to research it more for yourself I suggest starting with this summary HERE .

If you follow my blog regularly then you know that we also live in a 75-year old house.  My son has really struggled with allergies his entire life, but I have felt like since we moved in the old house that indoor allergens have been largely to do with his flair ups.  All of his allergy struggles had me searching for homeopathic remedies....which ultimately led me to Young Living Essential Oils.  Treating the air quality in our home is what led me to the lightbulb moment about using Essential Oils in the camper when we travel to improve the air quality there also!

The diffuser that Young Living sells is a very convenient size to use in an rv/camper.... it is super compact and having tried it now, I'm convinced I want it running in there frequently! 



What can you diffuse to truly improve air quality?  Young Living Essential Oils offers a blend called Purification that is specifically designed to purify and cleanse the air.  ((Yes, Purification is in the Premium Starter Kit with the diffuser!))





What other oils do I use in the camper?  Thieves of course!  Thieves is also a blend offered by Young Living that is an immune booster.  Diffusing it with my kiddos is a MUST!  It is working beautifully at keeping us all well! I'm excited to try the Thieves Household Cleaner for cleaning on the interior of the camper also.  If you are working on improving air quality then eliminating toxic cleaners is crucial, so this it's exciting to me to know that there is a great alternative cleaner available!
 
If you love to travel in an rv/camper and have anyone in your family who you feel is sensitive to air quality and are concerned about the possible toxins in an rv, I urge you to please read my Essential Oils Journey page to see how easy it is to order Young Living Essential Oils for your family at WHOLESALE!  Trust me, when you see what all you can treat with the Everyday Essential Oils you are going to realize the value of the entire collection on a camping trip...let's start with bee stings, for example - you're going to need purification for those also! 
 
May you have many SAFE & HEALTHY travels ahead!   -Katy
 
 
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I am an independent distributor for Young Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment