Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cake Release Knockoff

I was under the assumption that pretty much everybody in the world knew about homemade cake release.  A lengthy discussion on Instagram recently taught me otherwise!  This is by no means my recipe, I take no credit for it!  I do however urge you to try it!  Whether I am baking a homemade cake or box cake, I REFUSE to use any spray on the market... simply NOTHING COMPARES to this homemade mix!  I'm told it is similar to other cake non-stick type products on the market, but this is much less expensive and certainly works faster than the traditional butter & flouring used in days gone by.  I also think it is important to note that if you are a serious baker, then you consider your baking pans an investment.  I have found that many of the sprays on the market leave a residue that is difficult to remove from pans and leave them looking damaged, this however leaves no residue and is lightning fast to wash off! 


Mix:
1 cup shortening, 1 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup all purpose-flour
 
The mixture will be a thick paste.  Apply the paste with a pastry brush to your baking pans and bake recipe as usual.  If you bake frequently, I suggest preparing the mixture and keeping it in the refrigerator.  The mixture should remain fresh, when refrigerated in an airtight container, for 4 weeks easily.  ((I have been told longer is fine... I'm being cautious, you be the judge & make note of the expiration date on your shortening!)) 
 
         
    
 
Enjoy how clean your cakes will release... NO MORE CAKES STICKING TO PANS!
Your pans will also be super easy to clean and do you see how the cake literally pulls away from the sides of the pan? 
 
 
 
Now get busy on your favorite recipe!  If this is new to you, prepare to have your world changed!  ----> Be sure to pin this for safekeeping!
 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I love to bake cakes and I've never heard of this, so I will definetly be trying it! Thanks for the directions!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete