Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Fall!

So it may not "officially" be fall at your house... but it is at mine!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fall and winter seasons, so at the mere hint of a cool night or sight of a pumpkin I start the celebration!  ((Fortunately my lifetime love and I fully agree on this!))

 
 
 
The first of the pumpkins have been purchased and displayed, and now that the latest Country Living Magazine has arrived I am ready to gather my friends and have a pumpkin painting party!  A glimpse of those chevron pumpkins on the cover and I was ready to paint!  ~  If by chance you do not get this magazine in your mailbox monthly I suggest you RUN, not walk, but RUN to buy it!
 
 
(source:  CountryLiving.com )

 
 

I started the fall celebration at home by making this fall wreath...
 

 
 
Pinterest inspired, you could say.  I did not follow any tutorial, but I do get inspiration there (yeah, daily...) and I hope this will now serve as inspiration for you! All of the flowers are handmade from fabric scraps and the "J" was thrifted for a $1 then painted.  I chose to velcro the initial on so that I can pull it off and use it for other wreaths & decor in seasons to come.
 
 

 
Next, I added a touch of fall here and there... especially in my happy place - the Butler's Pantry.  Subtle was all it needed.

 
 
I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make bunting - this was it!
 

 
Yes, ideally you have a mantle minus a television ~ well, I don't have that scenario ;)  This farmhouse has very, very, very little wall space (30+ large windows), so I did what I could.  While there are lots of FUN and more technological ways to make bunting (say using a Silhouette Cameo for example), I chose to do this truly handmade - stencils, paint, burlap, & grosgrain ribbon, with a little help from my trusty glue gun.  It was super easy, super fast, and I am pleased with the results!
 
I also purchased "stone stamps" (alphabet & numbers) and used them to stamp words onto book pages using the same paint.  I grabbed the stone stamps because they were both inexpensive and perfect in size.  They worked PERFECT!  I am really looking forward to crafting more with these!  ((I purchased them in the craft department at Walmart for around $5))
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Much more GOODNESS to come and HAPPY FALL FRIENDS!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment