Monday, August 13, 2012

Cherokee Legend: A Tale of Two Wolves

Tonight I am sharing a story that has been floating around the internet A LOT lately.  Chances are you have already heard/read this!  It is important to me that I share things that have "bettered" me, so I'm sharing in hopes that maybe it will be new to even just one person who reads it, and that it will in some way improve YOU.

[I try to always give credit where credit is due..... well, credit is due here, but unfortunately I do not know who to credit!  A simple search will tell you this is a widely popular story and other than that, not much else is clear!]

One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all."

"One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

"The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


I will also add this thought.... we each "feed the wolves" of our friends and family.  Are you encouraging these GOOD traits in those around you, or are you feeding EVIL?

My friends,  Philippians 4:8 states:

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."  (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment