Thursday, June 14, 2012

14 on the 14th

1.  ALWAYS take photos when you rearrange the furniture in a room of your house.  I have made the mistake of not doing this wayyy too many times, so learn from me... take photos!
2. It's only a haircut.  Hair grows back.
3. Oven roasting veggies can make anyone look like a gourmet chef.
4. I need to take pumpkin growing lessons.  Is there such a thing?
5. There comes a time in life when coffee is as much a necessity as it is a want.  That time for me was the arrival of baby #2!
6. Collect something.  It doesn't matter if it's bowls, purses, shoes, jewelry or friends.  Collect something and treasure it.
7. Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa for the non foodies), hit the nail on the head when she wrote the recipes for Toasted Coconut Marshmallows & Coconut Macaroons.  Make them and actually follow the recipe...they are perfection.  Hate coconut?  Make them anyway & serve them to your coconut eating friends - they will think you are a superstar.  Perfection, I tell you.
8. To every thing there is a season.  Ecclesiastes 3: 1-15
9.  I'm all about store brand products, but there are a few things that are worth your dollar... Duke's Mayo, Oreo's, Lock N Lock storage containers, & ForceField Re-StoreIt Furniture Polish.  Good stuff.
10. You completely control your mood, so pick a good one.  I need this reminder frequently.
11. Homemade cake release is, as a friend would say, "the bomb diggity," anything else is risky.  Mix 1 cup flour & 1 cup of vegetable oil with 1 cup shortening... it will be a thick paste, use a pastry brush to cover the inside of your cake pans just as you would a store bought spray.
12. Don't put an empty clear medicine dispenser cup in the bottom of your white ceramic kitchen sink...it will end up in the garbage disposal.  Lesson learned. 
13. There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
14.  One can never own too many "flops," as my Rooney says.  ((flip flops!))

2 comments:

  1. #6. Cake stands. #7. Now on my to-do list. #8. Oreos!!

    Can't wait to read more:)

    Jessie Lynn @bloominthedetails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I also share the love of cake stands! I pretty much tried to buy them ALL prior to children, but sadly now I am running out of space! I do love that most all my cake stands & cookbooks have a memory of traveling associated with them - I try to buy them when traveling with my lifetime love! --- Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete